Looking for a safe, natural, effective, and long-lasting answer for your migraines? Consider homeopathy. Not only is it free of the side effects of conventional medicine and safe for everyone, but it will treat all of your symptoms, not just your migraines. If your headaches are very infrequent, you may be able to treat yourself, however chronic, recurrent headaches require treatment from an experienced homeopathic physician or practitioner.
The following is an actual case from our practice that will give you a picture of how successful homeopathy can be for sufferers of migraines. Alicia first consulted us at the age of forty-two. She was incapacitated by migraines since she was twenty. Alicia’s headaches were worse before, during, and after her periods. Then she was headache-free for two weeks each month. When we first saw her in 1991, she has experienced six severe headaches the month before, each lasting one to two days.
Alicia felt “disconnected with everything” during her terrible headaches… “like a zombie.” This tormented woman functioned only through “putting one foot in front of the other through sheer will.” It took 1000 milligrams of Tylenol every three to four hours to manage the pain. Exquisitely sensitive to light, noise, amd movement. Alicia’s headaches made her so angry that “she couldn’t stand to have people around.” Any chaos or commotion was too much
A computer systems manager, she described herself as a “multiphasic multi-tasker.” During her “hyper” phases, she walked, talked, and moved quickly and accomplished great amounts of work. After a few days, she would bottom out and experience a feeling of hopelessness and foreboding.
In addition to the migraines and mood swings, Alicia recounted a history of chronic strep throats, a hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids, and an excessive number of moles, which worried her due to a strong family tendency to cancer. Alicia also complained of chronic neck pain.
Before we tell you about Alicia’s dramatic and long lasting improvement, we’d like to share with you the ways in which homeopathy is different from all other forms of medicine, both conventional and alternative.
1) Homeopathy treats the whole person. You may think all kinds of natural medicine does this, but homeopathy uses a single medicine to treat all of your symptoms. In Alicia’s case, this means that we chose one particular homeopathic substance to alleviate her chronic migraines, mood swings, neck pain, throat problems, and a number of other symptoms which space here did not allow us to include.
2) Homeopathy individualizes treatment. There are over 2000 medicines to choose from. That is one reason why chronic problems require the care of a knowledgeable homeopath.
3) Homeopathic medicines are 100% natural and are made from just about any substance in nature that you can think of.
4) The medicines are safe even for newborns, pregnant women, the elderly, and animals. Much safer, even, than herbs.
5) One dose of a homeopathic medicine can last for months at a time.
6) Homeopathic medicines cost almost nothing, although the cost of expert treatment is comparable to that of a conventional physician or specialist.
7) Homeopathy helps, and often transforms, people mentally and emotionally as well as physically. In addition to treating headaches and just about any other physical symptom, homeopathy is the best medicine we know of for mood swings, such as Alicia’s, as well as depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and other problems.
We selected the medicine Carcinosin (nosode) and gave her one dose, which typically lasts for a number of months. When we saw Alicia for her next appointment, six weeks later, she had suffered only one headache during that time. Her neck pain was 90 percent improved. The severe mood swings and energy spikes and drops were gone. She couldn’t ever remember feeling so good. Alicia continued to feel extremely well for nine months until she suffered a violent headache following the administration of anesthetic by her ophthalmologist during an eye exam. We repeated the Carcinosin, again with very positive results.
Alicia wrote us a note around this time regarding her response to homeopathic treatment: “I can hardly believe where I was a year ago and where I am today. After suffering so many years from the severe mood swings and debilitating migraines, I had nearly given up hope. I came to you as a last resort. I don’t honestly think I expected anything near the dramatic results I experienced. I feel really free for the first time. I don’t know how I lasted as long as I did. I guess we can get used to the worst if it creeps up slowly enough. I tell my story to anyone who indicated the slightest interest!”
We didn’t see Alicia again for nine years, at which time she returned due to a relapse in her headaches and moods. The Carcinosin was again repeated and Alicia is feeling extremely well.
Cases such as Alicia’s are complex and require the expertise of a qualified, experienced homeopath. If you are looking for a natural answer to headaches, allergies, digestive or respiratory, mental, emotional, or behavioral, or other problems, we urge you to consider homeopathy. We are the authors of six books on homeopathic medicine, all of which contain many of our successfully treated cases in addition to a wealth of practical information about treating yourself as well as being treated with homeopathy.