Boost Your Homeopathy with My Secret Recipe for the World’s Healthiest, Yummiest Smoothie!
A Smoothie a Day Keeps Illness Away
My favorite morning meal used to be a two eggs and a toasted whole-grain seed bagel with Earth Balance spread, reduced fat cream cheese, a slice each of red onion and tomato, and some Trader Joe’s wild smoked salmon slices. Not that it was such a terrible way to start the day, but, after a breast cancer saga 18 years ago (thankfully no chemo or radiation), I switched to a yummy smoothie. Over the years the recipe has gotten yummier and yummier.
I usually begin my day with a yoga, Pilates, or Zumba class, I’m famous for taking a jar with my magic drink in a small cooler. It’s important to have some carbs before and protein after engaging in vigorous exercise, but food before yoga has never set well with my system. I am aware that certain diets scorn smoothies either because they contain lots of fruit sugar or because they are considered to aggravate inflammation. I just cannot agree. At least for myself. My smoothie is gorgeous, provides lots of lasting energy (protein as well as carbs) despite vigorous physical activity, keeps the bowels moving, and, did I say, it is amazingly delicious?
My Secret Smoothie Recipe Revealed
Here are the amounts for one person even though I always make it for me and Bob. A blender works fine, but I prefer our trusty, stainless steel, heavy-duty Vita Mix. Ideally all of the fruits are organic.
We have the good fortune of long seasons of raspberries and blueberries on our land in Chile, along with maqui, which I dehydrate and grind.
Choose any green powder and protein powder according to personal preference. Or toss in kale, chard, and other garden greens. I use the powders below because of their pleasant texture and taste. Everyone LOVES this smoothie! You will, too! I’d love to hear what you think of it.
- 2-4” of cold water, depending on how liquid or creamy you prefer
- 1 medium-sized frozen banana sliced
- ½ c. each frozen raspberries and blueberries
- 1-2 T. ground flaxseed (can also add chia seed if you wish)
- 1-2 T dried maqui powder (small, dark purple berries, highest antioxidant content of any fruit in the world). This is optional. We harvest it ourselves.
- 1 scoop Nanogreens Vegetable and Fruit Superfood (green apple flavor)
- 1 scoop Natural Factors French Vanillla Whey Powder
- An optional extra treat: 2 T POM organic pomegranate concentrate (we found it on sale)
- When I make fresh sheep milk yogurt, I add a bit of the whey to the mix